Today is the first day of an annual tradition here at Goldman Union Camp—it’s the start of Precamp! Precamp is a week-long process during which we literally and metaphorically rid camp of the cobwebs that may have gathered over the winter. It’s also the official kick-off to the camp season, as we are joined by 20-25 summer staff members who give up an extra week off to come to camp and relive their Avodah days.
Some highlights of pre-camp include:
- Cleaning and sanitizing the entire Chadar Ochel, including the kitchen, walk-in cooler and freezer
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping living areas and program buildings
- Cleaning all the bathrooms on camp
- Checking all the smoke & carbon monoxide detectors & replacing batteries where needed
- Driving the canoes to Eagle Creek
- Applying weatherproofing compound to the Migdal
- Setting up the Archery range
- Repairing and replacing benches
- And much, much more!
We are so thankful to have such great, hardworking staff members—including the entire Leadership Staff team—come to camp and help out! Stay tuned to Facebook & Twitter for more updates on daily happenings at camp, and watch this space for future blog posts!