Get ready for an outrageous weekend at NFTYfest 2023! NFTY MV, OV and MI, and GUCI are hosting an in-person NFTY event at URJ GUCI. This event is a teen-powered weekend open to participants in grades 8 through 12. Join us for a retreat full of exciting programs, meaningful tefillah experiences, and lots of NFTY/camp fun with new and old friends.
Dates: Friday, March 10th, 2023 – Sunday, March 12th, 2023
Please plan to arrive between 5-6pm Eastern on Friday and depart between 10:30-11:30am Eastern on Sunday.
Location: Goldman Union Camp Institute (Zionsville, IN)
Scholarships are available during registration. The true cost of the event is $275 and you’ll be able to elect a scholarship amount appropriate for your family. Please reach out to Ilana Nadel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Registration is now open and will close on either Friday March 3 or when it is full, whichever comes first. Space is limited.
- NFTY will not be providing transportation to and from the event.
- For those flying, we will do one airport pick up on (at the Indianapolis International Airport) Friday at 4:30pm and one airport drop off on Sunday at 11:30am.
- If a congregation or city can identify someone (25 years or older) who they deem as capable to rent and drive a 15-passenger van to and from the event, GUCI will hire them on our liability insurance (pending routine background and motor vehicle check) for the van rental.
- Participants cannot drive themselves to/from the event.
What is NFTYFest? Who can come to NFTYFest?
All 8th-12th graders are welcome to attend this teen-powered weekend. This retreat is full of exciting programs, meaningful tefillah experiences, and NFTY/camp activities, all led and planned by teens.
What should teens pack?
We will provide a packing list in our pre-event email sent a week before NFTYfest. In general, clothing should be casual. Temperatures can change quickly at camp so be sure to check the weather prior to NFTYfest! We will also have some fun dress up surprises.
Who should I reach out to with questions?
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ilana Nadel at email@example.com.
What is NFTY?
NFTY has been the brand of teen engagement for the Reform movement for centuries. NFTY is a movement that builds strong, welcoming, inspired communities through teen-powered engagement. Together, we pursue tikkun olam (repairing the world), personal growth, youth empowerment, and deep connections, all rooted in Reform Judaism. What makes NFTY different than other youth organizations are our 13 Principles . When you register, the teen and parent both agree to these ideals.
NFTY events maintain high expectations of being a caring and safe community. To this end, each participant and parent will sign off on the NFTY Brit K’hilah, our code of conduct.
What is a Kallah?
A Kallah is an overnight experience that includes engaging programs, activities, and opportunities to meet other Reform Jewish teens. These activities also include Shabbat services, character and relationship building programs and a social action component.
What is the housing setup?
Participants will be staying both on-site at GUCI and at a nearby hotel (with transportation provided to and from camp). Please make sure to complete all housing questions on the application.
All participants should pack a sleeping bag, to use either at camp or at the hotel. When participants are assigned to housing, we take into consideration all requests and medical restrictions listed on the application form.
Every attempt is made to honor at least one peer housing request per participant. Please know that these are REQUESTS and are not guaranteed. If you did not make a housing request, you will be housed with other teens in your preferred gender.
What does Health and Safety look like for the weekend?
The health and safety of our teens is our number one priority. We will have a nurse on site throughout the weekend in case teens need anything. Additionally, we will be collecting medication for the weekend. We will send out more detailed information prior to the event.
What are the COVID policies?
- Vaccines REQUIRED: We will require ALL participants, staff, and adults to have completed the full COVID vaccination schedule that they are age-eligible for (CDC defines this as being “up to date”). URJ Vaccine Statement can be found here.
- Pre-travel Rapid Antigen (RA) testing: We will require ALL participants, staff, and adults to self-administer a rapid antigen COVID test prior to travelling to the program or event. You may only attend if your RA test is negative for COVID. You do not need to submit this test.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Refund of Payment Policies:
– All cancellations must be in writing.
– Refunds will be processed and returned within six weeks after the conclusion of the event.
– Refunds will be given based on the following schedule
– A 90% refund will be given 21 days prior to event date.
– A 75% refund will be given 14 days prior to event date.
– A 50% refund will be given 8 days prior to event date.
– No refunds will be given 7 or fewer days prior to event date with exception of a documented medical emergency in which case a 75% refund will be granted.
Refunds will not be made if Participant has attended any portion of the session at NFTY. This covers all circumstances, including, but not limited to:
– Participants homesickness
– Participants refusal or inability to participate in the normal activities
– Participants violation of any rules, regulations or policies at NFTY for which Participant has been provided notice, and as described below in Participants Participation and NFTY Program Expectations section. Furthermore, I understand I will be responsible for the cost of my participant leaving the program early due to violation of the rules.
Please allow up to six weeks after the conclusion of the event for your refund to be processed. Refunds are only eligible for the registration portion of payment. Tax deductible contributions made at the time of registration are not eligible for refund.
All cancellation requests must be in writing. We will accept cancellations by email to iNadel@urj.org. We’re sorry, but we cannot accept cancellations over the phone.
Is there going to be security for the weekend?
We will have security on site for the weekend. Additionally, we have a strong relationship with our local law enforcement in case of any emergency.
Are meals all provided in Registration?
All meals will meet dietary needs as much as possible including gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian. Please be sure to indicate your teen’s most up to date dietary needs in their registration.